Many of our actions seem to say we think we are more significant than the next person; that our lives and schedules are more important than some else’s. We often inconvenience other people to make our own lives easier and don’t give a thought to the impact of our actions on others.
We all experience the concept of Inconvenience Yourself every day. Some of our interactions with others are positive and others are negative. Brighten your own day by reading some of the stories – stories involving kids can be found at kids stories and stories involving grown ups can be found at big kid stories . Share your own Inconvenience Yourself™ stories with us by clicking HERE. Inconvenience Yourself Day, the 4th Wednesday in February, is recognized by Chase’s Calendar of Events. Mark Your Calendar!
What Is Inconvenience Yourself™?
Inconvenience Yourself™ is a broad concept. It includes:
- Common courtesy
- Good manners
- Acts of kindness (they don’t have to be random)
- Doing the right thing
- Acknowledging the positive actions of others
- Taking responsibility for yourself
- Setting a good example
- Helping others
- Volunteering for a cause in which you believe
- Recycling and doing other things which minimize your impact on the environment
- Driving courteously
- Making a positive impact with your words and actions
- Making someone laugh
- Holding a door open for someone
- Spending time with your family or significant other
- Talking on your cell phone only where it won’t disturb others
“One of the deep secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.”
- Lewis Carroll
Would you like to receive periodic emails with new Inconvenience Yourself ideas, inspirational stories, and quotations? To be added to our mailing list click here